Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting a third story window sill

Options
  • 10-06-2018 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

This new place has grey cement window sills, with some blemishes and imperfections. With no prior painting experience I am hoping to clean it up with a white paint that will last a long time.

The biggest problem I can't figure out is how to reach the sills on the third story. A ladder to that kind of height seems impractical/dangerous.

I know some window cleaners use long poles to reach that kind of height. Is painting possible with that same technique?
    Alternatively I could reach out the 3rd story window but I would need a long 90 degree brush and that wouldn't allow me to paint the un

underside of the sill.

Any other tangible ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

you need to hire out some kind of boom/cherry picker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I'd love to see some try and paint with a really long pole from the ground to 3rd floor. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Dont the windows open on the 3rd floor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

triple extension ladder

Advertisement