Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will shows that are made for Amazon,Netflix etc eery make it to proper TV?

Options
  • 10-06-2018 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,583 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

I have watched the odd show online but there is some I would like to see again and others I would like to see but not watching online. I would prefer to be able to watch it on TV were I do not have to worry about how fast my internet needs to be or bandwidth issue all that crap. Just be able to relax and watch a show the way a show is supposed to be watched on TV.
    So will shows like ones made just for Amazon,CBS,Netflix etc say like Discovery or Lost In Space and also the Marvel ones. Will they ever make it to proper TV?
    They are just the ones I can think off sure there are lots of other great shows too that I would love to watch but not online thank you. I am not the only one by the ways lots of other people are missing out on not seeing these shows too because they are not on proper TV.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I know Orange is the new black season 1 was aired only last year on UK tv so they were miles behind.

Not going to change either as traditional tv is a competitor so wouldn't make sense for Netflix to air new shows on tv.

Your best bet is probably buy them on blu ray

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

AMKC wrote: »
    I have watched the odd show online but there is some I would like to see again and others I would like to see but not watching online. I would prefer to be able to watch it on TV were I do not have to worry about how fast my internet needs to be or bandwidth issue all that crap. Just be able to relax and watch a show the way a show is supposed to be watched on TV.
    So will shows like ones made just for Amazon,CBS,Netflix etc say like Discovery or Lost In Space and also the Marvel ones. Will they ever make it to proper TV?
    They are just the ones I can think off sure there are lots of other great shows too that I would love to watch but not online thank you. I am not the only one by the ways lots of other people are missing out on not seeing these shows too because they are not on proper TV.

Maybe some might make it, but certainly the more popular/big-name ones will remain online exclusives I'd imagine.

Traditional TV (or Proper TV as you call it) and Pay TV (except live sports although that's changing too) is dying off in favour of streaming and cheap(er) monthly subscription packages. Even Sky are planning to launch a full online streaming option to do away with the need for dishes this year by all accounts.

TVs now include apps for the popular services or you can get things like Chromecast for €40 that you can plug into any TV with a HDMI port, so you're not restricted to having to watch via webpage or phone either.

It's the way things are moving. I think overall it's good and bad.. good in that it's shaken up the traditionally Sky (in this part of the world) dominated market, but not so good in that all these "cheap" subscription services add up if you want to have everything... but again, everything is moving that way - MS Office, Adobe, Spotify etc - the companies would rather an ongoing "low cost" monthly sub than let you buy outright or get it free and the packages are structured (features missing, more adverts etc)/priced accordingly

Advertisement