Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for any information on courses

Options
  • 09-06-2018 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Would anyone doing any of the following courses be able to help me?
    I'm looking at CAO courses at the moment, and I'm wondering if there are any major differences between courses of the same name in different colleges.
    I know some last 3/4 years or some may offer placements, but I'm more interested in course content - ie, are the courses more theory/maths based in one college than the other, etc etc. I've had a look on sites like qualifax, careers portal and unibrowse but none really offer the specific information I'd be looking for!

Economics and Finance - DIT or Economics and Finance - UCD (quantitative business)

Economics - UCD or Economics - Trinity (tsm)

Economics/Maths - Trinity (tsm) or Economics and Mathematical Sciences - UL

Actuarial and Financial Studies - UCD or Actuarial Mathematics - DCU

Would also greatly appreciate any information at all about any course mentioned above!! :)

Also: I don't do a science subject and I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in doing a mathematics course which focuses heavily on bio/chem/physics etc.
    I adore maths though, but I don't know if I could handle a pure maths course - especially if its filled with sciencey modules. It's a real pain how some economics/finance/maths courses, although seemingly business courses, require a science subject when there are only one or two science modules!! If anyone has done a maths course and could give me advice on the jump from LC level to college level maths, or how much of an emphasis there is on sciencey stuff in the course, I would be very grateful!

Thanks! :)

Advertisement