Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 3T Battery Drain

Options
  • 09-06-2018 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Have the 3t about a year now and the battery has always been fantastic. Over the past few weeks I have experienced a big drain which is caused by the Android OS and Android System. I used to experience a 2-5% drop overnight and now it is about 30%. Having tried loads of different steps I came across one that worked. Resetting the App preferences. Once I did this the battery was great for a day and then back to square one again. I am at a loss as to what is the problem. I am on OxygenOS 3.5.4. I haven't done a factory reset as it never seems to work for others with this issue from looking around the Oneplus Forum. Havn't downloaded any new apps recently and have auto update off so don't know why it suddenly is draining. Would updating to the latest update help? Any help would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:
    Screenshot_20180608_195654.png
    Screenshot_20180608_195647.png
    Screenshot_20180608_195640.png
    Screenshot_20180608_195630.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seandalaiocht

Pinkman wrote: »
    Have the 3t about a year now and the battery has always been fantastic. Over the past few weeks I have experienced a big drain which is caused by the Android OS and Android System. I used to experience a 2-5% drop overnight and now it is about 30%. Having tried loads of different steps I came across one that worked. Resetting the App preferences. Once I did this the battery was great for a day and then back to square one again. I am at a loss as to what is the problem. I am on OxygenOS 3.5.4. I haven't done a factory reset as it never seems to work for others with this issue from looking around the Oneplus Forum. Havn't downloaded any new apps recently and have auto update off so don't know why it suddenly is draining. Would updating to the latest update help? Any help would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:
    Screenshot_20180608_195654.png
    Screenshot_20180608_195647.png
    Screenshot_20180608_195640.png
    Screenshot_20180608_195630.png

I have a OnePlus 3T too and have noticed exactly the same issue with massive battery drain. I have reset recently for other reasons and that had no effect. At a loss as to how to fix this.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Pinkman

I have a OnePlus 3T too and have noticed exactly the same issue with massive battery drain. I have reset recently for other reasons and that had no effect. At a loss as to how to fix this.

It's a nightmare. The Oneplus forum is useless. If you create a thread it just gets merged with a mega battery thread where no one answers your question. I could understand such a sudden and significant drain if I had downloaded any new apps or updated the software recently but I havn't. The fact that it improves temporarily when I reset app preferences would surely mean certain apps are getting the OS awake asking for permissions etc. Even when i only give whatsapp permissions it happens. I really don't want to do a factory reset as it never seems to work for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

I've a 3T also, but without battery issues, but I have had your exact problems in the past. Once deleting Facebook app solved it, once an alarm clock app was the problem.

I know the reset is a pain, but I do it fairly regularly, I always do a factory reset before an update. Did your issues coincide with that major update a week or two back?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Pinkman

Snotty wrote: »
    I've a 3T also, but without battery issues, but I have had your exact problems in the past. Once deleting Facebook app solved it, once an alarm clock app was the problem.

I know the reset is a pain, but I do it fairly regularly, I always do a factory reset before an update. Did your issues coincide with that major update a week or two back?

No, I am still on OxygenOS 3.5.4 which I think was the same one from when i got the phone a year ago. I havn't updated as I always hear about battery problems.

Are there any good apps to backup all the apps etc before a factory reset? I have the photos backed up on google drive.

Is there any chance updating to the latest software will actually fix the issue do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

It's up to 5.x.x now, so maybe you should update. I normally don't update for 2 weeks incase there is a quick patch to fix a large issue, but not updating in a year might be losing out on optimisations that would help your battery issue.
    I dont thinks there's a need to be worried about android updates like in years previous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I've experienced similar battery drain issues on many Android phones, magically fixed itself after a month or so. Call me a cynic but could it be intentional sabotage by oneplus/google to make you consider a phone upgrade?

The first thing to try is disable location services or set it to device only. This will make sure google locations service is disabled which I found to be the culprit one one phone. Also disable bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Are people still having this issue? My battery drain started two weeks ago but after a factory reset. I was having issues with the phone freezing hence the reset which fixed the freezing problems but has left me in a whole new world of problems with signiicant battery drain and dash charge not working whatsoever despite the on-screen message speciying it is and the blue charging light showing when plugged in.

Any ideas?

Advertisement