Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you drop out of college and come back a few years later?

Options
  • 09-06-2018 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I just finished second year of college and i want to join the defense force. I passed everything. Can I drop out and come back where I left off if I choose to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

You should formally withdraw from the course rather than just dropping out. The college will have a process for you to do this. It's normally not very onerous; typically a meeting with head of school/department and some paperwork. It is worth doing as it makes coming back in the future and picking up where you left off much more straightforward if you decide to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

You should formally withdraw from the course rather than just dropping out. The college will have a process for you to do this. It's normally not very onerous; typically a meeting with head of school/department and some paperwork. It is worth doing as it makes coming back in the future and picking up where you left off much more straightforward if you decide to do so.

Good and accurate advice from Whistlejacket.

Advertisement