Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplier of white sand for white concrete mix

Options
  • 09-06-2018 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for some crushed marble or white quartz / glass to make some white concrete. The white cement is widely available and I've found some bagged stone that I'm happy with, but it's washed with no fines so I need some sand to ensure a good finish.
    I know white limestone sand is used for plaster but I'm not sure it would be white enough for the finish I want.
    Any tips on sources would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

try the lime suppliers.
    like the traditional lime company in tullow co carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

nandc.ie , bag all types of sand, take a look at the website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Thanks guys, any advice on which of limestone or granite white sand would be brightest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

air wrote: »
    Thanks guys, any advice on which of limestone or granite white sand would be brightest?

I would think granite, never saw white limestone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Thanks, that was my own instinct. Will have a look at some next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I saw a lot of lovely white concrete in Croatia and I think the geology there is limestone.

Maybe experiment with small quantities.

Advertisement