Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Symbols on Road signs.

Options
  • 09-06-2018 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

I have noticed small yellow squares with black circles, diamonds, etc in them have been put up on the large direction signs that have been erected in recent times on our motorway and dual carriageway junctions. What are these symbols for and who do they relate to???

There is nothing about them on the rules of the road etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

they are alternative or detour routes, i've been told. i've never heard any indication of them being used, but i imagine the use case is that in case of a major collision, motorists will be advised to follow the 'diamond' route to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

they are alternative or detour routes, i've been told. i've never heard any indication of them being used, but i imagine the use case is that in case of a major collision, motorists will be advised to follow the 'diamond' route to avoid.

Something like this will be displayed.

?width=352&version=2763158

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

Interesting information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

Anyone got any examples of when they were used in Ireland?

• Advertisement
Advertisement