Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wirquin Jollyfill toilet flush

Options
  • 09-06-2018 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I’m only after giving €100 to a plumber to fix a different toilet flush in the house and now another one is on the blink. This one still flushes and fills but then a constant stream of water is still entering the toilet with the stream noise continuous driving us nuts. I’m bloody rubbish with water related problems, couldn’t even tell you how to isolate water to the toilet or where to turn the water off. Somebody please help, I’ll be damned if I’m giving up another €100 for something I should surely be able to fix!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Hi all, I’m only after giving €100 to a plumber to fix a different toilet flush in the house and now another one is on the blink. This one still flushes and fills but then a constant stream of water is still entering the toilet with the stream noise continuous driving us nuts. I’m bloody rubbish with water related problems, couldn’t even tell you how to isolate water to the toilet or where to turn the water off. Somebody please help, I’ll be damned if I’m giving up another €100 for something I should surely be able to fix!!

Should I have put this in plumbing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭cletus

Should I have put this in plumbing?

Is it a push button flush? If so it should be relatively easy. If you take off the lid of the cistern, and flush the toilet, you should see the float drop down and then raise up. This float can be adjusted up or down, so first step is adjust this at the top of the fill so that the water doesn't run over into the valve that releases the water.

If that doesn't work, come back and ill go through the next steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

cletus wrote: »
    Is it a push button flush? If so it should be relatively easy. If you take off the lid of the cistern, and flush the toilet, you should see the float drop down and then raise up. This float can be adjusted up or down, so first step is adjust this at the top of the fill so that the water doesn't run over into the valve that releases the water.

If that doesn't work, come back and ill go through the next steps.

I think that it’s fair to assume that an adjustment will not fix the problem as it was working and now is not. The filler valve is not cutting off the water, so it’s running constantly into the overflow. OP, take a picture and upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Siamp diaphragm? A quick and easy fix, but you have to be able to turn off the water!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Thanks all. I adjusted the float which has made a bit of a difference but there is still a trickle of water into the basin. See pic attached.

• Advertisement

Thanks all. I adjusted the float which has made a bit of a difference but there is still a trickle of water into the basin. See pic attached.

Next step will probably be to replace the filler valve. It's relatively simple. You'll need to turn off the water. Have a look at the feed pipe, there should be a valve on it you can turn off

In fact, here's a YouTube vid walking you through the steps.

Any Q's get back

https://youtu.be/zWDeb4usGi8

dodzy wrote: »
    I think that it’s fair to assume that an adjustment will not fix the problem as it was working and now is not. The filler valve is not cutting off the water, so it’s running constantly into the overflow. OP, take a picture and upload.

I find it safe to assume nothing, and I'm also of the opinion that you try the simplest and cheapest fix first. Considering my initial suggestion probably took 5 minutes and cost the op nothing, it was at least worth a shot

Advertisement