Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

C M Punk.??

Options
  • 08-06-2018 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

I'm starting to warm to the guy...I dunno seems to wanna fight for himself...
    Thought he was a joke before to be honest...comes across as someone who is regretfull of the fake fighting...
    What ye think ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Seems like a nice guy in all honesty.

It is a bit uncomfortable hearing how he’s doing this because he’s striving to prove himself etc though. He made one of the biggest show purses in UFC history with his $500,000 in his debut. His wife reckons he walked out with over $1m when all was said and done.

I dare say if he was paid about say $25K/$25K he wouldn’t have done it the first time, never mind return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Has he had a second fight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Has he had a second fight?

Comming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

I'm looking forward to his fight more than the main event....I'm gonna hate myself for saying that....

I'm starting to warm to the guy...I dunno seems to wanna fight for himself...
    Thought he was a joke before to be honest...comes across as someone who is regretfull of the fake fighting...
    What ye think ??

Funny was just thinking exact same thing after watching this interview:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyiRO0_Ta7o

He first kind of got me with this though: just came across it recently, kinda cheesy but charming. I'd always assumed he was a compete &*^% but this is fun (the Dominck Cruz one is the best though)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHZ8O2pI3xY

And the Chicago thing... fab city, fab people, really hope he gets a win at home his weekend.
    But man he looks a bit old and drawn right? 2 years younger than Yoel, dem genetics! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,956 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He's awful and not even top amateur awful, he wouldn't look out of place in a novice show.

His last fight was probably better has he never got a chance to show off his lack of skill.

Striking technique was brutal and even my wife who is training mma 6 months was screaming at the TV to put his feet on Jackson's hip and escape while he was in closed guard and just lying there and been pounded. Had no concept of keeping distance and couldn't really manage a take down.

Most people if they trained for as long as he did full time, would be better.

He has no business in the UFC and if he was doing it to prove something he would of tried at a lesser promotion first. He got paid handsomely for this failed experiment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That fight was unbearable, the UFC has seen it's fair share of mismatches for the sake of $$$ but that was a whole other level. Even Joe Rogan couldn't help but say during his commentary that if he were the conspiracy type, he'd say someone paid Jackson to keep the fight going.

I get that UFC wants to make money, but that fight made a mockery of the organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I drift in out and of UFC these days, watching the odd fight when I can be arsed.

I did manage to watch Punks last fight, and after his debut a few months back I thought he'd maybe pick it up a bit.

This whole fight was pathetic, a total mismatch. I haven't done any kind of martial art or fighting in over 10 years and I'd have put up a better show than Punk. I've no idea what the hell Dana White is thinking when it comes to Punk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭cletus

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I drift in out and of UFC these days, watching the odd fight when I can be arsed.

I did manage to watch Punks last fight, and after his debut a few months back I thought he'd maybe pick it up a bit.

This whole fight was pathetic, a total mismatch. I haven't done any kind of martial art or fighting in over 10 years and I'd have put up a better show than Punk. I've no idea what the hell Dana White is thinking when it comes to Punk.

Money

Yeah, so that was a car crash.

Poor old CM Punk - good guy, taking advantage of an opportunity available to him but the reality was pretty ugly and messy.

He really looks waaay older than 39 though, and not blessed with natural athleticism. Or great survival instincts.

Experiment over I guess.

• Advertisement
Advertisement