Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timeframes on claims

Options
  • 08-06-2018 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering after an accident today (thankfully nobody injured) I am insured fully comp with Axa but WITHOUT no claims bonus protection. If an accident is deemed 50/50 due to traffic lights not working properly but I believe the other driver sped up to quickly get through an amber not realising that the lights were out of order and amber for everyone. Most/all the damage done to my car is on the passenger side as although it was a crossroads and I am going straight on and he is coming towards my driver side. I was moving slowly as I know the lights are out and see him come bombing towards me I brake and stop but he cant stop so is flying past my car and steers towards the left and smashes my passenger side up completely. The guard was really nice but not interested in taking a statement or anything and just checked we all had our license and insurance etc but now im just left hoping that the damage to my car tells what actually happened as the other driver had very little english and was just abusive and lairy the whole time. Sorry for rambling I guess my question is once the assessor sees the damage and takes our statements hopefully the damage will tell the story but hoq,long roughly until everything is all settled etc usually?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭treascon

Not the answer you want but “how long is a piece of string”. There is no way of knowing how long it will take a claim to finalise. Any dash cam footage, cctv cameras at the junction, independent witnesses? If it was me the biggest concern I would have is that you don’t have a protected bonus. Sorry not what you want to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Treascon thanks for the reply. Ah its grand all this bit is just material stuff after seeing that people carrier coming straight towards my driver side im just glad we have all lived to tell the tale. I had thought as much that each claim is different etc.
    No dash cam and unfortunately no cameras at all on the traffic lights. Guess I can just hope that the damage on my car tells the story. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

I was told recently they have up to 2 yrs to lodge a personal injury claim and it was either 5/7 years to lodge a claim on the car - I was gobsmacked it was such a long period of time

Hubby has had a few accidents over the yrs - one took several months to settle as because the children were involved it had to go to court to be signed off by judge. 2nd was a repair claim for the car but no 3rd party so took weeks rather than months

Advertisement