Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Privately Paid Contract - AP2 Posts

Options
  • 08-06-2018 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

I work in a school on a privately paid contact. There are several AP2 posts coming up. We have 5 AP2 posts and 2 are filled. One on a privately paid contract and one is Dept paid. The remaining 3 posts are department posts. We have been advised that only Department paid staff can apply for these posts. A friend of mine works in another private school and when a post comes up, it is open to all staff (if a privately paid teacher gets the post I believe it is supplemented by the school???). Does anyone have any experience regarding this? I find it extremely frustrating that up to 40% of teaching staff in our school cannot apply.....I believe that the AP2 post which is privately paid was advertised as so. My other half argues that they cannot discriminate based on the type of contract but maybe it's another downside of been privately paid?? Can anyone shed any light on this? Thank you.

Advertisement