Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite tv programme that other people don't like ?

Options
  • 08-06-2018 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Mine's bargain hunt bbc1 12.15pm.its a gentle easy going show,informative,serves a purpose and is good fun yet a lot of people don't like it.give it a go people, its brilliant daytime tv !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Tipping Point has been on the air for six years, and *still* many people slag it off... :rolleyes:

I still think it's great - although it *does* have an ask-by date that it will eventually reach. Deal or No Deal certainly had an ask-by date, and continued well beyond it - and I reckon Pointless and The Chase have ask-by dates too, with Pointless pretty close to its ABD at this stage.

I've taken a liking to Dickinson's Real Deal, too... :o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

Mine's bargain hunt bbc1 12.15pm.its a gentle easy going show,informative,serves a purpose and is good fun yet a lot of people don't like it.give it a go people, its brilliant daytime tv !

Ugh, I despise all antiques programmes. I do have a weakness for property programmes though, I have been known to indulge in some Homes Under the Hammer (despite their cringey use of music and the blonde presenters over eagerness) and also Escape the theCountry.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I like all the cops and customs shows that are on those channels that are off the beaten tracks.

I remember years ago when I had Sky, I used to watch Nothing to Declare every morning over breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Deadliest Catch and Air Crash Investigation.

_

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

I don't have any particular interest in antiques, but I do like that 'Trust me, I'm a dealer' programme - the presenter is just so nice and engaging.

I also would watch 'Pawn Stars' and 'Storage Wars' whenever they come on :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Nationwide...always get an uggggghhh from my other half...it can be really interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I like winning streak, great with a couple cans, lol.

Leftovers, nobody would watch it when it was on. Loved that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Countryfile- but it is very popular with people of a certain age
    Pointless- best of the daily quiz shows on afternoon tv
    Escape to the country has its moments
    Coach trip was ok too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Storage Wars

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Unpopular Channel 4 almost lethal Winter Sports Reality Show "The Jump"

I like the competitive element, BBC Legend Barry Davies doing commentary and being genuinely interested in it, the danger and the odd mix of genuine A List British Athletes (Steve Redgrave, Linford Christie etc) and genuine Z List Reality Show celebs (anyone from Made in Chelsea, TOWIE etc)

I also liked things like the Superstars revivals and The Games, anything with multi sports events - none of which ever got anything above barely respectable ratings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Tipping Point has been on the air for six years, and *still* many people slag it off... :rolleyes:

I still think it's great - although it *does* have an ask-by date that it will eventually reach. Deal or No Deal certainly had an ask-by date, and continued well beyond it - and I reckon Pointless and The Chase have ask-by dates too, with Pointless pretty close to its ABD at this stage.

I've taken a liking to Dickinson's Real Deal, too... :o;)

I've never heard of ABD before!
    I agree with Pointless though, it's on far too much and it's essentially repeating themselves, you could definitely learn off a bunch of answers and fly through. The chemical round especially: Moscovium, Californium, Einsteinium, Dublium, Scandinavian. You can tell folk have just recited it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

Skid X wrote: »
    Unpopular Channel 4 almost lethal Winter Sports Reality Show "The Jump"

I like the competitive element, BBC Legend Barry Davies doing commentary and being genuinely interested in it, the danger and the odd mix of genuine A List British Athletes (Steve Redgrave, Linford Christie etc) and genuine Z List Reality Show celebs (anyone from Made in Chelsea, TOWIE etc)

I also liked things like the Superstars revivals and The Games, anything with multi sports events - none of which ever got anything above barely respectable ratings.

Ah yeah, as someone who goes skiing every year I enjoyed The Jump. Enjoyed it more for the skiing races than the Jump itself. Disappointing that they didn't have it on this year, maybe just got a bit too dangerous ?

Used to love the original Superstars as. a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I really like Homeland, and Detectorists. I haven't met anyone yet who likes either of these programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

I think one of my top 5 or 10 shows of all time has to be Rectify and I have not met anyone that has seen it (anyone with whom the topic of television shows is brought up!).

I urge anyone who likes a well-acted, emotive and stylish Southern American drama to take the plunge.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Ireland fittest family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

trashcan wrote: »
    Ah yeah, as someone who goes skiing every year I enjoyed The Jump. Enjoyed it more for the skiing races than the Jump itself. Disappointing that they didn't have it on this year, maybe just got a bit too dangerous ?

It was "rested" for 2018, supposedly to avoid clashing with the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics.

However, it's very possible that it won't return at all. Following several serious injuries in 2016, there was a fair amount of surprise when the show returned for 2017 - which was followed by a fair amount of disappointment as it was discovered that the whole thing had been made a little *too* safe (including mostly pre-recording it instead of broadcasting it live). There were a few (unrelated) management changes at Channel 4 shortly afterwards, too - and in any case, perhaps the novelty had already worn off.

Getting back on topic, I quite like Antiques Road Trip too. There must be something about shows with auctions in them... :o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Ekels wrote: »
    I think one of my top 5 or 10 shows of all time has to be Rectify and I have not met anyone that has seen it (anyone with whom the topic of television shows is brought up!).

I urge anyone who likes a well-acted, emotive and stylish Southern American drama to take the plunge.

I was just going to mention Rectify in this thread too. I actually think it's my favourite ever show and nobody I know has watched it. It should be talked about like Breaking Bad Game of Thrones but instead nobody has actually heard of it, never mind watched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

I quite enjoy the Channel 5 show Car Crash TV narrated by Chris Barrie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I actually enjoy watching it but it's drives me mad when someone earns £200 and when asked what they're going to do with it they say that they will spend it on their daughter's wedding, a car and if they have anything left over they will go on a holiday.

Nationwide...always get an uggggghhh from my other half...it can be really interesting.

Another one that drives me mad. Almost everything on Nationwide is lies. It's a propaganda show used by the state to prop up failing businesses. They talk about "thiving businesses" but most of the time they have little to no customers and are about to close and when they get on Nationwide they make a year or two's income in a week and the residual income keeps them going for a while before they close down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Minder. Popular in it's day. People look at me like I have three heads for loving it now

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ameathdub

I loved White Gold on Channel 4 and Netflix. So funny but lots did not seem to get it. Two of the inbetweeners in it but not sure if a second series will ever follow - hope so though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Portillo's choo-choo fandango & Monty Don pottering about his allotment.

Advertisement