Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Tanks tiers

Options
  • 08-06-2018 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

I'm tier 7 in a Tiger1, what am I supossed to do when I come up against tier 8's and 9? Often I can't pierce their army at all even with premium ammo, any advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Flanking for side/rear armour or weak spots in the front depending on tank. Sometimes it's simply a case of disengaging and going for another front/flank instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Sponge25

Would it not be better if they limited it to 1 tier below or above? My Tiger with it's 88 gun (A real tank killer in rl) can't even pierce some tanks. Also, when aiming when the cross hair goes red, is that the better spot to hit or when it goes yellow? ty.. The good thing about my Tiger is it's spotting capability though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,071 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A slight aside, it used to be +/-3 in the early days. Panzer 3s at tier 5 were being sent against my Lowe.

But the MM is currently the subject of some fairly heavy and widespread criticism. But given how glacially slow WG is at responding to anything, it'll be a long time before it gets better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sponge25 wrote: »
    Would it not be better if they limited it to 1 tier below or above? My Tiger with it's 88 gun (A real tank killer in rl) can't even pierce some tanks. Also, when aiming when the cross hair goes red, is that the better spot to hit or when it goes yellow? ty.. The good thing about my Tiger is it's spotting capability though.
    You ideally want green, yellow at most; red basically means you got no chance of penetration (yellow is basically a 50/50). Also forget any real life comparisons to what's in game; the tanks are made up in most stats in practice esp. when it come to gun penetration/damage/weakspots etc. to make the game balanced.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Also keep in mind that historically the Tiger was up against "Tier 5-6 tanks", not equally matched opponents.
    As a low or mid tier tank in a match-up dont be overconfident, you are a support/flanking player.

When you are top tier then you can try to play the Tiger as it was intended, as a breakthrough tank.
    But remember, in WoT there is nearly always a sneaky TD lurking out of sight ready to ruin your day!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement