Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Windmill Court - lower Gerald Griffin Street

Options
  • 07-06-2018 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I know there has been posts on various sparetment blocks including these but I’m looking st buying one and I really need as much feedback as possible. Can anyone offer any info on these apartments? Are they safe, is the area safe , is it expensive to heat them and are they recommended for a first time buy? Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭BobMc

If buying be sure you get solicitor to investigate fire compliance and building regs., Lot of works went on recently and I believe may have been completed not to current specs may affect resale in future

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

BobMc wrote: »
    If buying be sure you get solicitor to investigate fire compliance and building regs., Lot of works went on recently and I believe may have been completed not to current specs may affect resale in future

Very good point - thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

BobMc wrote: »

Solicitors wouldn't really be the best people to assess compliance. An architect or engineer is required.

Has anyone here lived in these apartments before? The sale is through M&C. I find them painful to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Has anyone here lived in these apartments before? The sale is through M&C. I find them painful to deal with

I used to live there but it's about 9 years ago.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

h3000 wrote: »

Even though it was that long ago, can you offer any good/bad points? I've worked my skinny little a$$ to save for a mortgage, I just want to be sure I am making the right decision. I know internet and TV are provided for example. I asked about the service and all I get back is it's brilliant, apartment is brilliant, security is brilliant, standard of heating is brilliant, quietness is brilliant - everything is brilliant. Sales agents are hardly going to tell me any different though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Even though it was that long ago, can you offer any good/bad points? I've worked my skinny little a$$ to save for a mortgage, I just want to be sure I am making the right decision. I know internet and TV are provided for example. I asked about the service and all I get back is it's brilliant, apartment is brilliant, security is brilliant, standard of heating is brilliant, quietness is brilliant - everything is brilliant. Sales agents are hardly going to tell me any different though.

Sorry about that. I was meant to finish that statement and not just leave you hanging like that oops :o

The internet and TV weren’t great when I was there. The living area of my apartment was a little small but there are larger apartments in the building that are very spacious. The sound insulation is not too bad but it is still a large apartment block so it will never be very quite. I never remembered having any complaints about the heating. Security in general is not too bad but I did have an attempted theft of my car. The car park gate used to give trouble and I think that’s how they got in. I general I did like living there.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Sorry about that. I was meant to finish that statement and not just leave you hanging like that oops :o

The internet and TV weren’t great when I was there. The living area of my apartment was a little small but there are larger apartments in the building that are very spacious. The sound insulation is not too bad but it is still a large apartment block so it will never be very quite. I never remembered having any complaints about the heating. Security in general is not too bad but I did have an attempted theft of my car. The car park gate used to give trouble and I think that’s how they got in. I general I did like living there.

Excellent, thanks very much. That all sounds manageable Appreciate the reply

Advertisement