Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incoming 4th yr Exchange Student - advice on where to live + in general :)

Options
  • 07-06-2018 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I will be an exchange student coming from Canada in the spring term . I was just wondering if you had any recommendations on where to live (off-campus preferably)! I know there are 3 different student villages but I'm confused about where to go. 
    I'm a pretty social person, I love playings sports and going out, any recommendations or help would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Hi, I will be an exchange student coming from Canada in the spring term . I was just wondering if you had any recommendations on where to live (off-campus preferably)! I know there are 3 different student villages but I'm confused about where to go.
    I'm a pretty social person, I love playings sports and going out, any recommendations or help would be much appreciated :)

Off-campus student villages really are Groody and Brookfield. I lived in Groody for 4 years and would recommend it. Then there are housing estates; Elm Park, Milford Grange and Briarfield. Personally, I would avoid Elm Park at all costs. There is a "Where do you live" thread which you might find helpful; https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=299781

• Registered Users Posts: 22 maork1

I lived in Groody and I liked it. It's safe and the apartments are nice.

I also lived in Courtyard student accommodation which is behind Groody but I didn't really like it there.

Then you have Brookfield which is about 5 minutes walk past Groody and it is fine but it would be a bit far out from the college and the 304 bus stop. There is a bus stop outside Brookfield but it's only for the infrequent bus.

If it's available I would go for Groody.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 thiviyavara

Thank you for the tips! I'll definitely check out the other thread! :)

Advertisement