Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rust under kitchen faucet

Options
  • 07-06-2018 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All,
    My kitchen faucet is really loose, so I looked under the sink and the whole metal nut (gasket?) fell apart in my hand - it was so rusty. There are now two connecting pipes to it (kind of metal-covered, flexible pipes) which aren't in the best shape themselves. So a couple of (silly) questions:
    1. if the faucet will come off its place, will the water go all over the kitchen?
    2. do I need to but the whole faucet? or just the part that goes underneath it? If only the part, what is the name of that part?
    3. Also, and I am not sure this can be answer on this forum, what is the best place to buy plumbing supplies in Galway?

I have attached two photos: one of the faucet and the other taken underneath it

Thank you!
    Anna

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Better value long term to replace tap,try chadwicks wellpark galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭jack of all

No need to replace the whole tap, the part you need is a "monobloc tap backplate" and can be bought in any builder's providers or plumber's merchants. They are only galvanised steel and tend to corrode long before the tap itself is ready for replacement.

Advertisement