Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leopardstown

Options
  • 07-06-2018 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

First race sees O'Brien introduce two fillies Fire Fly a full sister to Gustav Klimt and Secret Thoughts out of the most expensive horse ever sold at auction in Ireland at 6m.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

4th and 2nd respectively, be worth keeping tabs on Secret Thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

4th and 2nd respectively, be worth keeping tabs on Secret Thoughts

Secret Thoughts is out of the wayward Montjeu filly Chiquita and low and behold in her first race she shows signs of possible temperament problems. "ridden 1 1/2f out and flashed tail, "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

tryfix wrote: »
    Secret Thoughts is out of the wayward Montjeu filly Chiquita and low and behold in her first race she shows signs of possible temperament problems. "ridden 1 1/2f out and flashed tail, "

Her dam was a maiden until she won the irish oaks having finished second to one of my all time fav race mares Treve in the Diane. If memory serves me right she was clear in a maiden at Chantilly before veering left and running into a bush and unseating her rider :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Her dam was a maiden until she won the irish oaks having finished second to one of my all time fav race mares Treve in the Diane. If memory serves me right she was clear in a maiden at Chantilly before veering left and running into a bush and unseating her rider :D

Spot on, but that was in saint-cloud rather than Chantilly.
    I think and I'm open to correction but I think she still holds the record for highest price paid for a horse at Irish sales when selling at the goffs horses in training sale after Paul Makin decided to sell all his bloodstock in 2013. 6million after a Savage bidding war between Coolmore and Sheikh Fahad agents.

Advertisement