Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower head keeps getting pushed out of pipe

Options
  • 07-06-2018 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Grateful for any advice/experience.

Have a pump in the water tank which pressurises the water in the pipes to 3 bar (I think) for combi boiler due to poor mains pressure. What I've noticed however is that the pipe the shower head is connected to in shower keeps getting pushed out of the joint (and falling on peoples heads which is painful!).

How might I fix this? There is a nut to the side where pipes meet thats tightened by an allen key however whenever I tighten it the problem still reoccurs - if I tighten it too much water starts coming from there as well.

I've attached two pictures which hopefully explain the problem.

There is no tape etc on either of the pipes (as per the pictures) - perhaps this is the problem??

Advertisement