Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance in the north

Options
  • 07-06-2018 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm finding it impossible to get an insurance quote, I have rang everyone I can think off and am either getting no quote or a quote of €4000+ and I don't have that kind of money for insurance.

My parents live in Derry and just out of curiosity I used their address for getting a quote on one of those comparison sites and the cheapest quote I received was £966!!!!

I am sooooooo tempted to use their address just for this first year but I don't know if I can.

If I did use their address for insurance would I still be covered driving in the south?

And would I have to have a northern reg car or a southern reg car??

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭cml387

Sorry it won't work. You would have to be resident in Northern Ireland to get insurance that way.

Nor can you drive a Northern registered car if you are resident in the ROI.
    Your car would be seized by customs, and your insurance would be void as you gave a false address to the insurance company in Northern Ireland.

Advertisement