Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda recruitment 2018 .....languages

Options
  • 07-06-2018 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,
    If you done Irish foundation for the leaving cert they don't accept it.....I know they do a Irish exam but I was wondering if you did another language say Italian

Can you do a 10 week Italian course would they accept it as another language for the recruitment?

Anyone with any knowledge about the level of course the public service would accept?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Dan 191 wrote: »
    Hi,
    If you done Irish foundation for the leaving cert they don't accept it.....I know they do a Irish exam but I was wondering if you did another language say Italian

Can you do a 10 week Italian course would they accept it as another language for the recruitment?

Anyone with any knowledge about the level of course the public service would accept?

Once it's a Fetac Level 5 certificate (ordinary/higher level) that would be sufficient and considered another language at leaving cert level.

Advertisement