Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help to Buy - Solicitor Approval

Options
  • 07-06-2018 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

Has anyone been through the help to Buy scheme for a self build? How does your solicitor confirm they are registered to verify Help to Buy claims? This is currently holding up our draw down. Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭kellxor.1337

Hi,

Has anyone been through the help to Buy scheme for a self build? How does your solicitor confirm they are registered to verify Help to Buy claims? This is currently holding up our draw down. Thanks

Would love to hear the reply on this as currently waiting for planning approval on a new build myself,

From what i read on the Revenue website,
    for Self Build you can get the HTB once proof of Draw down on the 1st part of the mortgage and a copy of the valuation from the lender.

I thought it was a case that prior to even getting the mortgage / drawing down, you should have already been in contact with the revenue to find out how much you can claim and this should be shared with your bank in advance?

Still trying to get my head around all of this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Hi,

they need to be registered with Revenue so you ask the solicitor for proof, else move on.
    https://www.revenue.ie/en/property/help-to-buy-incentive/information-for-lending-institutions-solicitors-and-contractors.aspx

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement