Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice about first time car insurance after being disqulified.

Options
  • 07-06-2018 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So i was disquilified back in 2013 for 5 years. I was charged with three 4 years for no insurance and 5 years for dangerous driving (young and very foolish i know)

I know a few people who dont mention about their convictions but i want to do it by the book and not be stupid enough to lose my licence again.

So my licence is due back in a few weeks and i know i will have to go through insurance ireland and be refused by 3 companies before i can get a quote. Im 24 yo male on a provisional with 4 endorsments and no years no claims bonus. Is there anyone on here that has a rough estimate of how much i will be looking at paying to start driving again?

Also as my convictions happened 5 years ago and if the insurance company only ask have i had any motor convictions in the last 5 years do i have to tell them about it or will they know as my endorsements will be on record or what? So confused by it all

Any help is greatly appreciated

Advertisement