Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No insurance certificate

Options
  • 07-06-2018 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I was driving with my dad he has the car insured on his name , I’m not insured with him, we got stopped at a routine checkpoint, I didn’t have my license with me so I got told to bring the license and insurance certificate with me to a Garda station within 10 days what will happen to me when I show up with a license and no insurance certificate , I’m 18 and very scared something bad will happen .
    thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

So you were driving without insurance ?
    What type of licence do you have?
    Have you insurance on another policy that covers you to drive another car 3rd party?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ali_27

So you were driving without insurance ?
    What type of licence do you have?
    Have you insurance on another policy that covers you to drive another car 3rd party?

Yes I was driving with no insurance
    I have a 1st provisional license I only had it for a year now
    And no I’ve no other insurance sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

What was your father thinking of??
    Try not to panic.You're probably looking at a fine and penalty points,or possibly a ban from driving.I imagine that this will have an impact on future insurance premiums also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Is your Dad taking you out for practice? He should really add you as a named driver. You're covered in an instructor's car but if you're driving with someone else you need to check you're covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭cml387

I'm afraid your father could also be in trouble for allowing his vehicle to be driven by an uninsured person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Bmw123d

This is crazy how on earth did ur father let this happen. Has ur father not advised you what the process is. Surely he’s long enough around to know what has to be right and wrong. Jest because u have a driving license does not cover u to drive he should of had more sense.

Advertisement