Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert English 2018

Options
  • 06-06-2018 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Was wondering if anyone done the question (b) on the open letter?What would be the format used I believe I used the right one but just want piece of mind

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Was wondering if anyone done the question (b) on the open letter?What would be the format used I believe I used the right one but just want piece of mind

Oh god, you just got me worried there.
    i just put a heading as if it were in a newspaper. I put " Advice on how to give Advice: Think before you speak" or something like that, then just started writing, i had no salutation or signing off, i thought of it as more of an article opposed to a letter, as an open letter isnt really adressed to any one person or group of people :/

What did you do? Eeek.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Patricklouth

Oh god, you just got me worried there.
    i just put a heading as if it were in a newspaper. I put " Advice on how to give Advice: Think before you speak" or something like that, then just started writing, i had no salutation or signing off, i thought of it as more of an article opposed to a letter, as an open letter isnt really adressed to any one person or group of people :/

What did you do? Eeek.

I used informal address up top right and dated as per then used a title like yours but signed off 😂 probably wrong spent about 20 minutes of the exam Wondering what to do

I used informal address up top right and dated as per then used a title like yours but signed off 😂 probably wrong spent about 20 minutes of the exam Wondering what to do

Tbh i think both will be accepted, mine was more suited for a newspaper article but yours was more letter format. I should probably have signed off though! Anyway both should be accepted, and mostbof the marks will go for what you wrote anyway!! Best of luck for the rest!

Tbh i think both will be accepted, mine was more suited for a newspaper article but yours was more letter format. I should probably have signed off though! Anyway both should be accepted, and mostbof the marks will go for what you wrote anyway!! Best of luck for the rest!

True true.How you feeling for tomorrow,what you hoping for? Cheers man appreciate it same to yourself

True true.How you feeling for tomorrow,what you hoping for? Cheers man appreciate it same to yourself

Dreading paper 2, english is my worst subject :(
    Im hoping for either Montague or Larkin! Durcan would be nice too but i dont think he will be coming up! Loads of people are hoping for Ni Chuilinan but im not fond of her!!

I havnt prepared much for the comparitive so hoping for a nice Cultural Context queation on that! Wbu?

• Advertisement

Dreading paper 2, english is my worst subject :(
    Im hoping for either Montague or Larkin! Durcan would be nice too but i dont think he will be coming up! Loads of people are hoping for Ni Chuilinan but im not fond of her!!

I havnt prepared much for the comparitive so hoping for a nice Cultural Context queation on that! Wbu?

Hoping for eilean Boland or Larkin feeling confident with them
    Hoping for cultural context myself litery genre wouldn't be the worst
    And lear something along the lines of good versus bad or sight and blindness be nice only going for a h3 so not stressing too much

Advertisement