Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic insulation pricing

Options
  • 06-06-2018 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hey all, I'm looking to insulate my attic and finding it hard to get prices for insulation online. Looking at Earthwool 150mm for a 50sqm attic space. Would anyone have any recommendations or seen anything recently, most builder providers don't seem to advertise online.

Many thanks in advance 👍

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭johng906

I ended up finding earthwool online on the woodies website. For 200 mm they were about €17 apiece, almost half price. They're back at €30 there now, so you might have to keep an eye on them, but then again, you might find a better deal on boards.

(The other 100 / 150 rolls were half price also.)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Polar wizard adventure

Go on Adverts. Always a few rolls for sale on the cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Hey all, I'm looking to insulate my attic and finding it hard to get prices for insulation online. Looking at Earthwool 150mm for a 50sqm attic space. Would anyone have any recommendations or seen anything recently, most builder providers don't seem to advertise online.

Many thanks in advance ��
    Just did almost the exact same job about 3 weeks ago.
    Got 150mm Knaufer earthwool (11 rolls - 2 layers on my approx 40m2 attic) from goodwins (online) - I compared against what i could find online at the time (brooks, build4less) and goodwins was cheapest.
    I did 2 layers.
    This is it:
    https://www.goodwins.ie/products/large-roll-150mm-earthwool-insulation-8-05x1-14m-9-18m2-12520051.html?filter_set[]=1413,1424

It does not have as high a u value as the isover stuff but is not as expensive! So i traded off between the two. This gets quoted all the time on here - its useful info re the diminishing returns of attic insulation
    https://www.thegreenage.co.uk/how-much-loft-insulation-should-you-install/

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

I did my attic not long ago as well... laid some saint gobain 150mm stuff over the existing insulation. Price was 18e per roll.

My advice would be to consider doing an attic flooring as well if you don't have it. I did the middle part and it was definitely worth it.

Insulation and flooring ended up costing 300e together.

And dont forget to use a mask! And it'll be blazingly hot up there so prepare baby powder or some cooling fan to keep it bearable :D

Advertisement