Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a summer job with no experience ?

Options
  • 06-06-2018 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I’m really interested in getting a job after the leaving cert and before I start college. Due to the nature of my grants I can only work up to 10 hours a week, would employers even consider me?

I’m also wondering if I should make and hand around a CV and what my CV would even consist of considering I’ve never had any work experience. Any advice is appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭jos22

everyone starts out with no exp and blank cv's
    yes do up a basic cv, make sure the spelling and grammar is correct.
    you be amazed the amount of people who apply for jobs and get things wrong like spelling the company name wrong.

in the CV you wouldn't need much, person details , education JC subjects taken, level taken and grade/ leaving cert subjects taken and grade setting.

and hobby /interests/ other area
    where you can mention certain skills developed eg teamwork from playing with certain sports team
    references
    you can use teacher, sports coaches etc

I would call into the likes of Supervalu/ spar / centra etc and ask to speaker to manger. telling your looking for summer work and some week end work while in college. that your would work in any area deli/ tills/bakery /shop floor etc

lot of these places like hire people with no prior exp as it means they can pay you the lower rate min wage of €7.64 per hour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭jos22

deleted doubled post

Advertisement