Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Italian Oral (Specifically General Questions)

Options
  • 06-06-2018 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi!

I've started studying Italian by myself for the LC. I tried for a while to find information about the oral, but I'm not having much luck.

I know about the picture sequences and the roleplays, but I have no clue as to what questions can be asked for the general conversation section. Is there a list of all the possible questions somewhere? The oral seems a lot like the German one, perhaps I should just use the same questions from that one?

The syllabus doesn't give much about it, and I contacted a school which has Italian but got no reply. I really don't know what else I can do or where to ask. Hopefully there is someone doing Italian here.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 siobhanmay1600

gronings wrote: »
    Hi!

I've started studying Italian by myself for the LC. I tried for a while to find information about the oral, but I'm not having much luck.

I know about the picture sequences and the roleplays, but I have no clue as to what questions can be asked for the general conversation section. Is there a list of all the possible questions somewhere? The oral seems a lot like the German one, perhaps I should just use the same questions from that one?

The syllabus doesn't give much about it, and I contacted a school which has Italian but got no reply. I really don't know what else I can do or where to ask. Hopefully there is someone doing Italian here.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi I’m sitting the Italian HL paper this year. For the oral make sure you know the role plays and picture sequences perfectly as that’s where you will pick up easy marks as it’s just a matter of learning then off. For general conversation focus on; yourself, your family, your area (advantages, disadvantages, things to do), your future plans (summer, university, etc), know a thing or two about Italian culture, this could be asked, if you’ve ever visited Italy, if you’d like to visit Italy,what you like about the Italian language, past holidays, your hobbies, if you discuss music, or literature they will ask for an Italian artist so have a few examples. I got 90% in my Italian mock so I hope this helps! They’re basically testing that you know all your tenses etc. Make sure you use passato prossimo, presente, il furto, il perfetto, and the subjunctive. This will really pick up your marks! Andfor general conversation try avoid learning stuff off as the examiners don’t like this, and when they ask you a question you weren’t expecting your standard will significantly drop. Good luck, hope this helped

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gronings

Thank you so much! This is just what I needed. Good luck with your exam! Hope all goes well for you:)

Advertisement