Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Placement / Internship

Options
  • 06-06-2018 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Been reading through this forum for a while usually soaking up peoples views and opinions on the industry and gaining knowledge. Ill be heading into my 3rd year of my CS degree in September. In semester two I will have to go on placement for a minimum of 6 months. (End of January to early August usually).
    Anyone on here recently graduated or recently done a placement able to recommend where to start the search or some companies they would recommend or even not recommend based on their experience?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Honestly, ask your lecturers. More than likely at least some of them will have the contacts in industry who will be able to get you into an internship.

Plus, talking to your lecturers outside of the classroom allows them to get to know you which will help open doors for academic opportunities even if you don't intend to do a postgrad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Most 3rd levels have industry contacts that they arrange work experience with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

We had a couple of talks with the placement office in which they asked us to provide our CVs but they also did say that it is up to us to secure the internship and not to leave it with them that the contacts that they have will not be able to accomodate the size of the year group fully.

I understand that the lecturers will have industry contacts and i have got a good relationship with one of them so i should probably checj that out. Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement