Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Candidates signature

Options
  • 06-06-2018 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,
    My son started the JC today. He was first into the center on both exams, and he told me was asked to sign his name, time and date on a (he thinks) orange bag.
    The examiner told him it's so they could open the bag to distribute the papers.
    Anybody know more about it, and is it standard practice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Standard Protocol. It's to confirm that papers haven't been tampered with prior distribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭micosoft

He is witnessing the opening of the exam papers bag to indicate it was not tampered with. I remember doing it for the Leaving Cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Totally standard protocol before each and every exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

That brings back memories, for both the Junior and Leaving Cert I was near the front and often asked to do this. It is to show the bag was not tampered with etc. The examiner should have explained that to your son.

Advertisement