Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Ducato Phantom Dash Warning Lights

Options
  • 06-06-2018 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi,
    On getting out the camper after the Winter I noticed 2 weird yellow warning lights appear on the instrument cluster. They don't really affect the van. Driving further I found they disappeared when I turned off the cruise control and reappeared when it was turned on. I thought it might be water in some control module after the horrible Winter but on Googling it turns out this may be a known issue with Ducato based vans and the instrument cluster is at fault. Some threads elsewhere suggested Fiat may even have a recall action out so I called Agnelli. They said there is no recall and that I would need a new cluster and it would cost €1,080 fitted!!!!!!!!

Anybody, else experience similar problems with the cluster and have suggestions? I will probably just not touch it as it doesn't seem to be causing any harm at the moment and I am definitely not paying €1,000+ for it ffs..........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have a 2015 LHD Ducato fortunately mine hasn't given any trouble yet!
    There is a firm which will fix the cluster for 150stg.
    https://cartronix.co.uk/product/fiat-ducato-mk3-van-and-motor-home-instrument-cluster-dash-repair/

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Some replacement clusters had the same issue in time because they were built from the same parts I would ignore it or repair it rather than get a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭soram

Thanks for that. Sounds logical. I don't suppose there is a known part on it that fails that you could change yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

Had the same problem with my 2013 ducato, which I bought in 2015. Just like yours when I turned on cruise control, other lights would dimly light up. They got stronger as time passed. My fear was that they would fail a DOE for warning lights on, although there was no actual fault. So I brought it back to dealer as it was still within 12 month warranty and insisted it be replaced. They had a fiat dealer replace it for me no problems. It seems to affect motorhomes as they are usually outside during winter not doing much work where the damp sets into the cluster. I suppose it's s good excuse to use the camper more than ever now during the winter months! No problems since replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I'd hazard a guess and say there must be some kind of current leaking across a PCB somewhere, probably the BCM but I couldn't be sure of that.
    If it was me and I wanted it fixed I would rather pay 150 and have the fix done then have Fiat replace it with another module that may just do the same thing again and cause more aggravation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement