Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair change flight time

Options
  • 05-06-2018 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone ever had flight times with ryanair..I got an email to say both our outgoing and returning flight times were changed.The problem is the returning was 8.20 am now moved to 6.30 am meaning we have to try and get two kids out of bed at about 3am:mad:
    Does anyone know if we cancel our flights do we get our money back( probably not I know- just hoping)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

From the Ryanair website:

What happens if my flight time is changed?

Occasionally due to unforeseen circumstances flight times may have to be changed.

If this happens we do our best to contact all customers via the email and mobile phone number they provided at the time of booking.

However we do recommend that customers review their flight booking prior to departure via My Bookings

If a flight time is changed significantly (more than 3 hours before or after the original departure time) and no suitable alternative flight is available, we will, upon application, offer a refund for all monies paid in respect of the affected flight(s).

Please note that we are not liable for any prepaid expenses directly or indirectly related to the booking affected by the flight time change.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭crunchie1

yes i read that and was on chat today, but all I would like for them is to change my flight to the uk, where I can get a reasonable flight home..'They are the one's that 'moved the goalposts' , I understand all about 'terms and conditions' however it is frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

crunchie1 wrote: »
    yes i read that and was on chat today, but all I would like for them is to change my flight to the uk, where I can get a reasonable flight home..'They are the one's that 'moved the goalposts' , I understand all about 'terms and conditions' however it is frustrating!
    no, you were asking for a refund
    a refund and changing the flights are 2 TOTALLY different things.

I would ring them and see if they could change the flight to a better time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Wasting your time
    I’ve had this happen to me on a few occasions
    All with a slight inconvenience
    Understand your frustration but I don’t think you’ll get much change from ringing them
    The kids will be put out whether it’s 3:30 or 5:30
    They can sleep on the plane
    Don’t let it spoil your holiday
    It’s 2 hrs
    I’ve had changes about 5/6 hrs

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

We just got emailed about a flight change too. First time it's happened! It's only by about 1.5hrs though and means we'll get back home later than we'd like (work in the morning), but not a big deal.

However we want to book a train for the day we arrive, so now I'm concerned in case that flight gets changed too! I had a train in mind that would allow reasonable time for the normal delays, however to buy a fully flexible train ticket is double the price :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement