Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One X is getting a discount

Options
  • 05-06-2018 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

So Iv been thinking about getting the Xbox one x for the last few weeks and today I seen in the news that Microsoft are discounting everything Xbox for the E3 2018 event! It says that the Xbox one x will drop down 50 dollars starting on the 7th June, there will also be a price drop on the Xbox one s! I wonder if Smyths and Gamestop will implement these price drops? If so I will grab myself one on Thursday, might get Rainbow Six Siege too or BF1! Don't have a 4k HDR TV but plan on getting one in a few months and I hear that the 1080p isn't too bad on the x too. Anyone know any news if this deal will be available in any shops in Dublin?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

CobraClan wrote: »
    So Iv been thinking about getting the Xbox one x for the last few weeks and today I seen in the news that Microsoft are discounting everything Xbox for the E3 2018 event! It says that the Xbox one x will drop down 50 dollars starting on the 7th June, there will also be a price drop on the Xbox one s! I wonder if Smyths and Gamestop will implement these price drops? If so I will grab myself one on Thursday, might get Rainbow Six Siege too or BF1! Don't have a 4k HDR TV but plan on getting one in a few months and I hear that the 1080p isn't too bad on the x too. Anyone know any news if this deal will be available in any shops in Dublin?

No one knows yet, but even outside of that, there have been some cracking deals on it recently. Keep an eye on the bargains thread, if anything special pops up, it'll usually be posted in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,440 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

CatInABox wrote: »
    No one knows yet, but even outside of that, there have been some cracking deals on it recently. Keep an eye on the bargains thread, if anything special pops up, it'll usually be posted in there.

I'm interested in this as well.

What sort of deals were available?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CobraClan wrote: »

There are almost always some deals. With e3 right around the corner, I would be shocked if there would be no deals. Usually those deals that ps or xbox announce are for US, because nothing exist outside of there.
    Don't worry about not having 4k TV. I got xbox one x in January and only got 4k TV 2 weeks ago. A lot of enhanced games have benefits for 1080p toi.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

murpho999 wrote: »
    I'm interested in this as well.

What sort of deals were available?

The other day there was this deal on Amazon, which would have required Parcel Motel. As ShadowHearth said though, there's almost always some sort of good deal going on nowadays.

https://twitter.com/jelly_deals/status/1002122510660497408

Advertisement