Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cinema surround speakers without cables

Options
  • 05-06-2018 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    What are the options for surround sound for tv without cables please?
    I've seen Enclave Audio Cinehome, seems to be only in US (from a very quick search).

Budget would be €700 max. I've seen a few options but at extremely expensive prices.

Thanks,
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭andy1249

The only wireless systems within your budget are the old school methods.

These take the analog output from your amp , modulate it onto a carrier , transmit it to the speakers , then retrieve the signal.
    It is impossible to do this without degrading quality , so all these systems were relatively short lived as they dont sell very well due to the quality drop.

The newer systems leave the signal in the digital domain , they have active speakers , that means a digital to analog converter and amplifier built into each speaker.
    The quality is very good , however these systems are very expensive and what they all neglect tell you in their "all wireless" promotion material is that these speakers all need power , so unless you have mains sockets in each spot where you plan to put a speaker then they are not wireless , because you are still running cables around the room , they are just power cables instead of speaker cables.

The need for power means there are no truly wireless systems , you are going to be routing cables around the room regardless.
    You will either be getting an electrician to route power cables within the wall or running either speaker or power cables around the floor.

For this reason , you are better off with traditional amps / receivers and looking at ways to hide the wires.
    There are many ways to do this neatly within budget that will, in the end, give you the best quality solution for the money.

https://www.d-line-it.com/us/products/smooth-fit-accessories-us/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

@andy1249 thanks for the reply. Think I'll go with standard surround sound, 2 front, 2 rear so.

We're taking floor up and laying new floor soon so can run the cables underneath to where they need to go up the wall. I also have someone who will chase them up inside the wall.

Richersounds suggested these, I'd be more inclined to go for the 529 one, unless anyone has any other suggestions-

You would be starting at the Yamaha YHT1840 system priced at 349.00 euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202921-yamaha-yht1840.aspx

Next up at a little over budget would be the Yamaha RXV483 paired with the JBL Cinema 5.1 priced at 529.99 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.com/tv-home-cinema/home-cinema-packages/yamaha-rxv483-and-jbl-cinema-510.html

Thanks,
    Pa

Advertisement