Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study over 5th year summer?

Options
  • 05-06-2018 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I just finished 5th year and found it difficult enough. I'm a student who typically aims for the highest result possible and this year I've mostly been getting H5s to H3s in everything. A lot of people say that you shouldn't study over summer, but I really want to get into trinity, my ideal course is 580 points. Im just worried that if I don't study I'll regret it but if I do study then I might be burned out by 6th year. I don't mind studying, I don't find it as bad as most people do. And don't worry about me enjoying myself over the summer, I'll still have plenty of time to do that as I'd only be studying a couple of hours every weekday morning. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

You seem to have answered your own question essentially. If it's only for a certain period of time, if you feel that it will give you a good foundation to build on in sixth year and, most importantly, if you manage to balance it with rest and relaxation then I can't see a reason not to go for it.

Advertisement