Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scheme of work new junior cycle

Options
  • 05-06-2018 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,

In the middle of putting together a provisional sow for my subject which is French. Are there any samples out there? It seems a bit crazy that we are all doing up pretty much the same sow but we don't share anything. I know that is nobody's fault but I'm struggling a bit to know what the sow should look like and include. Any advice?
    I have one from the old junior cert but it needs updating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Arocky wrote: »
    Hi all,

In the middle of putting together a provisional sow for my subject which is French. Are there any samples out there? It seems a bit crazy that we are all doing up pretty much the same sow but we don't share anything. I know that is nobody's fault but I'm struggling a bit to know what the sow should look like and include. Any advice?
    I have one from the old junior cert but it needs updating.

Surely it should be done as a department? Then individual plans to suit the particular class group.

I think there's a sample one included in Noveau Voyage. Maybe the teachers version?
    I'm sure you already have them but here the link to the JCT resources.
    https://www.jct.ie/modern_foreign_languages/planning_resources

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

The French department might be one teacher? It is in my school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

The French department might be one teacher? It is in my school.

You could be right. I took it that the op was working on a plan but there were others in their department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Arocky

I am working on it alone as I am head of department.

We are paid for our position so expected to work alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Arocky wrote: »
    I am working on it alone as I am head of department.

We are paid for our position so expected to work alone.

That's a lot of work for one person.

Are you using the new format? We used it for our JCT training day and it seems that you choose a topic from strand one and the skills you will use from strands 2/3. Activities you will use. I have an image, which I took of one which I will forward if I can. It's mad because everyone will teach differently and use different resources. Is there another language in your school? If there is, get together and work it out between you which will half the work. The JCT wanted a MFL department rather than the French department.

I don't think any of the books do it like the JCT template. I tried putting one together as I was bored :) but left it as it will take longer than any other plan I have developed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,234 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Lot of departments are going to follow the lead of the new books coming out for each subject. Take their angle on it, work with it.

Whole thing is farcical.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Advertisement