Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden swing poles

Options
  • 04-06-2018 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

hi,

any idea where I might be able to buy a replacement swing pole (80x2700)??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

80mm seems a bit thin. afaik the standard poles used on garden swings are 95mm (4inch/100mm nomimal).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Pretty much any lumber yard I would have thought?

As said though 80mm seems a bit on the thin side. I used 100mm and if I see how it's holding up I don't think 80mm would have ended well.

Do you have fittings that are 80mm? Are you replacing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

hi, its a replacement leg for Soulet Fort LenoxWooden Play Centre which was bought in 2009. i have the original pdf. In fairness its been great, 3 crazy boys on it nearly every day.

Do i just ring up the lumber yard???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Yup, just ring and see if they have it, not sure if 80mm is a common size but round posts shouldn't be hard to come by.
    Not sure I'd bother with builders suppliers and the likes, chances are they'll only have fence posts and they won't be long enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

My local timber yard (Youghal) keeps 100mm (nominal so actually about 95mm) in 3m lengths (iirc €15 each) but I have never seen smaller sizes. The readily available hardware fits that size timber.

I do however remember seeing some garden centers selling both timber and fittings to make a variety of swings and climbing frames and I think they had smaller diameter timber as well as the 100mm stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement