Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Container trailer

Options
  • 04-06-2018 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,063 ✭✭✭✭

I am hoping to use a 3 axel container trailer for storage and I gather the best approach is to prop it up on blocks and timber, and remove the wheels. Would a garage do this for me on site? I don't even know where to post this, much less who to ask!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You could get a Tyre fitter that's mobile to remove the wheels and quite possible they may be able to prop up for you also.

Would a metal container not be a better option?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Rave.ef

Forget about the trailer. All you need is a container. Taking wheels off and trying to prop it up its not worth the hassle. What size you looking for 20' 40' 45'.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,063 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I hear you, that was the first thought. However a trailer is what is on offer at the moment, and also I will only need it for 12 months then I will have to move it again, and it seems a trailer that only needs a tractor to move it, rather than a truck and a crane would be easier to find. The guy who owns the land seems anxious that I should use a trailer rather than a container.

Advertisement