Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Twelve Children of Paris

Options
  • 04-06-2018 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

As one of my favorite books ever ,I have high hopes for this one.The fact Willocks has done a lot of screen writing should help big time.My only concern is that they might water it down for a TV audience.Hopefully not.....

The story takes place during the Saint Bartholomew’s Day Massacre of 1572 in Paris and follows Mattias Tannhauser, the protagonist of “The Religion,” as he embarks on a race against the clock to find his pregnant wife who got mysteriously embroiled in a turmoil of conspiracies and went missing after attending a royal wedding.

Gallonde, who participated in a round-table during the In Development seminar co-organized by MipTV and Canneseries on Wednesday, will present the bible of “The Twelve Children of Paris,” to broadcasters during the next C21 conference in the U.K.

Gallonde said “The Twelve Children of Paris” was highly compelling because it tells a major chapter of history through an engaging tale. He added that the theme of religious mercenaries had a contemporary resonance, notably with ongoing wars. The French producer also said “Paris will be an important character in the series.” “The Twelve Children of Paris” will mark one of Gallonde’s most international series to date. It will shoot in both French and English, said the producer, who described the show as a “‘Game of Thrones’ meets ’24,’.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I adore Willocks writing. The Religion is one of my all time favourite books. I thought this one wasn't quite as good but still brilliant. I agree it would be as gory as anything out there if faithful to the book, but it could be epic if done right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

I adore Willocks writing. The Religion is one of my all time favourite books. I thought this one wasn't quite as good but still brilliant. I agree it would be as gory as anything out there if faithful to the book, but it could be epic if done right.

Yeah I love “ the Religion” as well and while 12 children is not as epic in scope , IMO it’s just as good story wise.A lot of reviewers did complain about it been the most violent ,the most gory etc ,but I do feel that this is part the era and of the massacre itself ,and should’nt be watered down.
    Also it is made clear that he is a professional soldier of the knights of St. John,well trained and battle hardened compared to most of the people he goes up against.

Apart from HBO I would prefer to see a European tv company film it so as not to water it down.

Tannhauser makes Rambo look like a Girl Scout ;)

The scene in the print shop I can still visualize 4 years after reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

I think a good started point for visualizing the era would be le Reine Margot and then just let Tannhauser loose to do his thing ,with no holds barred.:eek:

Advertisement