Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Valve Stem Pressure Indicators

Options
  • 03-06-2018 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭

I looked into these a year or two ago and was put off them for some reason.

However, recently I've had a tyre running 3 - 4psi down on what it should have been when I checked them.

I've taken another look at them and was wondering if they are any better now? Does anyone on here have them or have any thoughts on them?

I have read about them causing flats if the lose the internal rubber seal or causing issues due to the centripetal force they exert on the stem.

Ana alternative for me would be to get a digital gauge or similar from a popular internet auction site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

I looked into these a year or two ago and was put off them for some reason.

However, recently I've had a tyre running 3 - 4psi down on what it should have been when I checked them.

I've taken another look at them and was wondering if they are any better now? Does anyone on here have them or have any thoughts on them?

I have read about them causing flats if the lose the internal rubber seal or causing issues due to the centripetal force they exert on the stem.

Ana alternative for me would be to get a digital gauge or similar from a popular internet auction site.

Just get the puncture fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Just get the puncture fixed

Just answer the question.

Just answer the question.

lovely

lovely

Eh?

I ask a question and you come back with a smart@rse answer. When I call you out on it, you take the hump!?!

GTF.

Wasn't smart arsed answer.

If you fix leak then other issue will be moot.

I could have said ' suggest you get to root cause of the problem '

• Advertisement

Issue is fixed. Want to get a warning of these before they become noticeable as it will affect the wear.

Advertisement