Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Violin lessons - but left-handed

• 03-06-2018 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know of anyone in the Dublin area who'd teach violin left-handed?

I have fairly good theory knowledge, and played piano as a youngster. I tried the violin about 10 years ago conventionally but it just never felt right, and for my neighbours' sake as well as my own sanity I gave it up after about 2 years.

But I'm woefully left-handed, and would love to see if it'd be a bit easier to learn that way - I just have a feeling that it would all feel a bit more natural. It just never felt right playing right-handed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Hoagy

Paul Kelly is a very well known left handed fiddle player
    He teaches in Ballyfermot College, I imagine he does private lessons as well when he isn't touring, the College would be a good place to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Hoagy wrote: »
    Paul Kelly is a very well known left handed fiddle player
    He teaches in Ballyfermot College, I imagine he does private lessons as well when he isn't touring, the College would be a good place to start.
    Hah! That's where I did my right-handed lessons years ago.

Hadn't actually thought about enquiring from the college themselves (as stupid as that sounds).

Thanks!

Advertisement