Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bully Neighbour

Options
  • 03-06-2018 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, can anyone help me, my 9 year old daughter is regularly been attacked every week by my neighbour's 12 year old daughter. Every time she goes out to play, she comes out and punches her, tonight she punched in the nose. It unprovoked and I have spoken to the parents, which they have done nothing and just ignore her. They deny all knowledge and ignore it. I'm at my wits end and it's getting hard to stay within the boundaries of law. I would love to go in and kill her for hurting my child. Please help me. I don't know what to do. My daughter comes in crying every second day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Assault, call gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 16,075 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Ring the community garda and report her . Let your daughter know you have her back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

vicwatson wrote: »
    Assault, call gardai
    What they said. And let the neighbours know the cops have been called it might scare them into action. Take pics of any injuries cause sometimes the cops will say they can't do anything without proof. Document everything so there's a written record, times/dates etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ardee001

I feel so helpless, she hits and punches her for no reason. She does not draw blood but my daughter plays football and I teach my kids not to be violent, this neighbour just keeps hitting her and using vile language. When we drive past her in the street she gives us the middle finger. My daughter asked me what a c&nt was and it's what our neighbour called her. Im afraid to go the gardai in case they tell me there is nothing they can do as kids fight. I can't find another way from this except sell up and rent somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,891 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Gardai. It is assault. Get proof, record it if you can and see where it goes.

Your neighbours sound awful for not tackling this in their child, sorry.

How and why have you not reported the assault to the Gardai already? Just wondered about that, it would be the second thing I would do, after speaking to the parents and getting no response.

That feral child will turn into something much worse if it is not tackled early.

Maybe the attacking child has special needs. That is still no excuse for assault and battery. Parenting is the key here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Next time it happens walk out the door and give the little bitch a boot up into the hole. If I found out one of my kids was doing that to another their feet wouldn't touch the ground. I have zero tolerance for bullies and if the parents do nothing I'd drag their daughter back to them every time she hits your daughter until they do.

Obviously the grown up approach would be call the community liaison officer and ask for advice. This will only get worse so I would nip it in the bud straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,075 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

ardee001 wrote: »
    I feel so helpless, she hits and punches her for no reason. She does not draw blood but my daughter plays football and I teach my kids not to be violent, this neighbour just keeps hitting her and using vile language. When we drive past her in the street she gives us the middle finger. My daughter asked me what a c&nt was and it's what our neighbour called her. Im afraid to go the gardai in case they tell me there is nothing they can do as kids fight. I can't find another way from this except sell up and rent somewhere.

Do not show fear . Lift your head up and be there for your daughter . Ring the community garda and report a assault .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Next time it happens walk out the door and give the little bitch a boot up into the hole. If I found out one of my kids was doing that to another their feet wouldn't touch the ground. I have zero tolerance for bullies and if the parents do nothing I'd drag their daughter back to them every time she hits your daughter until they do.

Obviously the grown up approach would be call the community liaison officer and ask for advice. This will only get worse so I would nip it in the bud straight away.
    Please don't do this, you are the one who will end up in court. Bad and all as it it for a child to assault another child, legally, you will be crucified if you, the adult, assaults another child.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

The Garda will call to your neighbor and they will say that their daughter has or is waiting on a diagnosis of autism spectrum and there’s nothing they can do about it and they’re suffering from stress from the whole ordeal.
    Gardai will then call to your house and tell your daughter that she needs to be more understanding of another child with special needs.
    That’s my experience of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

ardee001 wrote: »

Does your daughter fight back at all? It's all well and good teaching her not to use violence but the quickest way to stop a bully like this is usually to hit them back twice as hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Go to the parents and say that you are looking for compensation for counselling etc. Something like 5k.

This usually wakes people up.

Advertisement