Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overholding going for PRTB adjudication

Options
  • 03-06-2018 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am a landlord served tenants with 5 months notice to leave, we are due to renovation and move back in. Tenants are now over holding, case is going to rtb for an adjudication hearing.
    Has anybody been in this situation and what’s the quickest way for me to get back into my home?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I am a landlord served tenants with 5 months notice to leave, we are due to renovation and move back in. Tenants are now over holding, case is going to rtb for an adjudication hearing.
    Has anybody been in this situation and what’s the quickest way for me to get back into my home?

It’s not your home
    If it was your live there not them

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I am a landlord served tenants with 5 months notice to leave, we are due to renovation and move back in. Tenants are now over holding, case is going to rtb for an adjudication hearing. Has anybody been in this situation and what’s the quickest way for me to get back into my home?

Best to ask a mod to move this to the property thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

well here's my first piece of advice: don't try to DIY.

how long are they overholding for? have they given you any reason for overholding and/or any indication when they will be out?

there's no quickest way, you'll have to wait for the RTB. if you try anything else (like changing locks etc), you will lose the case and they can instead counter claim and you could be fined (anything from 3-4 figures) whereas now they are going to be the ones liable for not only any rent for the overhold period, but a fine as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭e.r

Although it goes against the grain, reading other forums people pay their tenants to leave.

Advertisement