Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying new agreement terms with boards

Options
  • 01-06-2018 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

Anybody have this really annoying pop up on boards for new terms. Press I agree but it never goes away. I contacted boards a week ago... replied working on it. All I can say the IT department with boards must be pretty useless if they cant figure this out in a week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fuko200

Im having the same issue aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Having the same issue making it un-useable on the app

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Clean out your browser's cache. That worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

this terms and conditions is still coming up on my screen. its beyond annoying at this stage. boards sort it out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Cleaning out the cache can cause other issues e.g. both the "I Agree" and the cookie acceptance pop-up will almost completely cover your screen (if using a phone).

But here's a trick I found for the non-app version i.e. browsing on a phone browser.
    Try switching from the touch version of boards to the full site version (clicking the acceptance here) and then go back to the touch version.

Give that a shot and see if it fixes it for you; it did for me.
    I was left with about 5% of an actual page between the two click requests before I tried this solution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭AllForIt

ixoy wrote: »
    Clean out your browser's cache. That worked for me.

If had known there was cash in my browser I would have cleared it out of it a long time agao.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

In fairness boards should have sorted this. its a business their running after all.. to be honest it puts me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

In fairness boards should have sorted this. its a business their running after all.. to be honest it puts me off.

I tried to log into the app and it doesn't recognize my password,also doesn't have a forgotten password option.

So. That's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,214 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

kneemos wrote: »
    I tried to log into the app and it doesn't recognize my password,also doesn't have a forgotten password option.

So. That's that.

I'll check it for you

Just PM me your password

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'll check it for you

Just PM me your password

You'll probably need his account number and sort code as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I have no idea what people are talking about. maybe my ad blocker or something is blocking this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,214 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    You'll probably need his account number and sort code as well.

Good point.

I see you've done this kind of thing before

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,440 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I see lots of references to the 'app'. The boards app hasn't been touched by the developers in years and was always a pile of crap anyway. Just use touch.boards.ie on mobile.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Good point.

I see you've done this kind of thing before

:pac:

It starts to get weird when you need a finger and eyeball for bio-metrics.

Advertisement