Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iris Oifigiúil

Options
  • 01-06-2018 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭

Both bored and curious this evening, so....

I've often wondered does anyone actually read (or at least browse through) the Iris Oifigiúil when they are published?

(Please someone say they do so I don't feel like the only sad git who browses through it from time to time). :)

I'm also curious does the gazette itself serve any real purpose (as opposed to the notices themselves) in say a court case in any context other than satisfying the requirements of the Statutory Instruments Act 1947?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

I read it. It is useful from a number of points of view. If you are a creditor of a company and see a wind-up petition or the appointment of a receiver, you can act accordingly. The same applies for bankrupts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I used to have to bring copies of it around the office to the PO's. The logic of this exercise, so I was told, was that they needed to prove that said grade had to be shown to read it and were aware of it's Stately contents. I stuck with the Daily Mirror and ended up with a marginally better understanding of the offices clientele that the PO's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

I stuck with the Daily Mirror....

Quality reading that :):D:pac:

Advertisement