Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to buy tickets for a UK gig from Ticketmaster Ireland

Options
  • 01-06-2018 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

Folks. Im having a lot of trouble getting tickets for a gig in the UK. Its a present for a mate for his birthday next week. I thought I could just go into a ticketmaster outlet and get the tickets. However I was told that they can only sell tickets for Irish gigs.

So I logged onto ticketmaster.co.uk with my details. Tried to buy the tickets there but I kept getting an error message about my payment details. I presume it is because I have a debit card and not a credit card. I used the details on my account to buy tickets for Slayer last week so the account details are correct.

Im obviously doing something wrong but just wondering if any of you here could help me out or do I need to ring Ticktmaster Customer Service to get something sorted.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Have you got a Revolut account? You could also try ringing them in the UK and paying over the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Often in the UK, Ticketmaster aren't the only seller for gigs. Try the venue's site to see if they sell them directly. Maybe the band's site either. I know people hate them on there, but some of the sell on sites (viagogo, stub hub, seatwave, etc) might be easier to use and if the gig isn't sold out (assuming it's not as you're trying to get them off TM), they probably won't be massively over priced. I used one of them for a gig in the US last year as the ticket site wouldn't accept my card. Ended up being $5 more or so. Just make sure it's got a print at home option as they'll screw you on delivery charges, especially to Ireland.

Regarding the Revolut card, if you download the app and sign up, you'll get a digital card instantly so can use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Also of note there's apparently a Europe wide issue with Visa and Mastercard right now https://twitter.com/Paymentsense/status/1002564158729216000

Advertisement