Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manchester incident

Options

Comments

I hope everyone is ok :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,327 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Police statement!
    Today at 10 to 10pm, we were called to reports of a single vehicle RTC (road traffic collision) involving multiple casualties. There’s no evidence at this stage to indicate it’s a deliberate act or linked to any form of terrorism. We believe at this stage it was an accident. Enquiries are ongoing.
    We are asking for the public’s assistance in identifying a vehicle involved in this, and we want them to report that to us, that vehicle being a BMW 330d in blue, registration YA17 VSJ. That vehicle, if any member of the public has seen it tonight, or has seen it in the area, or who knows who was driving that vehicle, to please contact police on 101.
    Regards to the casualties, we can confirm there were five casualties that were taken from this location to a hospital in Greater Manchester. Their injuries are described as serious trauma injuries, however at this stage I can’t go into further details. I ask you for support in that while we contact next of kin to identify individuals who were taken to hospital.
    Obviously, the road is still closed and will be closed for some hours to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,314 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Terrible times we live in when reports of a vehicle accident comes in we might assume it could be a terrorist attack. I don't mean it's terrible that one may assume it is but that it's a possibility at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Kids on a joyride in a stolen car probably. Half-term and a summers night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

tell me more, tell me more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,173 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not terrorist related, well down the news listings on the BBC website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-44325904

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Not terror related and the thread runs out of steam after a handful of posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Not terror related and the thread runs out of steam after a handful of posts.

But - Islam!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

ectoraige wrote: »
    But - Islam!

I know! All that outrage gone to waste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This thread never had a chance, sniff :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,255 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Calm down, no one explode over this

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Advertisement