Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficulty of Maynooth Masters of Accounting

Options
  • 31-05-2018 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi guys!

I'm planning to do my masters in accounting to get my exemptions of CAP2.
    To gain the exemptions I would need 2.1 , How hard is it to achieve that? I'm afraid that I won't be able to get a 2.1, and no accountancy firm would be happy to take me in.
    How much does it cost?

The pass mark for CAP2 exams are 50% and Masters accounting 2.1 is like around 66%.
    Would you recommend doing a master of accounting or go do CAP2 exams?

I really appreciate if anyone who has done this course can share their experience?
    Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

Helenm98 wrote: »
    Hi guys!

I'm planning to do my masters in accounting to get my exemptions of CAP2.
    To gain the exemptions I would need 2.1 , How hard is it to achieve that? I'm afraid that I won't be able to get a 2.1, and no accountancy firm would be happy to take me in.
    How much does it cost?

The pass mark for CAP2 exams are 50% and Masters accounting 2.1 is like around 66%.
    Would you recommend doing a master of accounting or go do CAP2 exams?

I really appreciate if anyone who has done this course can share their experience?
    Thank you in advance!

I did a master's in accounting in UCD. Honestly it was more work than CAP2s, although I probably learned things a little bit better than I would have with Cap 2. It's expensive to study for a year without income, at least I didn't have time to work. I wouldn't do a master's if I was redoing it, you're better off starting starting sooner as all firms are recruiting big atm. I'm a current big 4 assc.

Advertisement