Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeway Hurricane" (50cc 2 stroke)

Options
  • 31-05-2018 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Got "donated" a Keeway Hurricane" (50cc 2 stroke) the other day. 10 years old and runs ok.
    However I see a black hose, (possibly a breather pipe?) resting near a hot exhaust pipe. Cant detect any air movement from it. I can't find where it connects to and would appreciate advice here.
    Also found an odd thing in the tool kit that came with the scooter, no idea what its function is. I'm looking out for a service manual for this model.
    Summers here!!

Pic attched

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

mrtom wrote: »
    Hi
    Got "donated" a Keeway Hurricane" (50cc 2 stroke) the other day. 10 years old and runs ok.
    However I see a black hose, (possibly a breather pipe?) resting near a hot exhaust pipe. Cant detect any air movement from it. I can't find where it connects to and would appreciate advice here.
    Also found an odd thing in the tool kit that came with the scooter, no idea what its function is. I'm looking out for a service manual for this model.
    Summers here!!

Pic attched

I suspect the first one is a breather pipe, but it's hanging out quite far.

The second one is an attachment for the screwdriver, you'll have a long bit of metal with a standard head on one side, and a phillips head on the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭mrtom

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I suspect the first one is a breather pipe, but it's hanging out quite far.

The second one is an attachment for the screwdriver, you'll have a long bit of metal with a standard head on one side, and a phillips head on the other.

Thanks for that. I see the pipe has a dubli clip and judging by the shape of the hole it must have been located/ press fit to what I wonder? I might just reposition it and leave it unconnected. Not sure until I understand its function though.

Re the screwdriver....what can I say after that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Remove that blue fairing and hold the hose and rotate it around the limit, you should be able to see where it can reach and join on to.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Remove that blue fairing and hold the hose and rotate it around the limit, you should be able to see where it can reach and join on to.

Yep, got it, thanks. Next issue , brake, horn & indicators lights fine but no side/main light, front or back. I know, remove faring and trace the harness and maybe replace the switching mechanism. Before I go there, is there more than the one fuse (by the battery)? I did find a service manual which I attch for those who have an interest.
    Ah the joys of a summer project.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Remove the bulb holder and check for power to see if its not just the bulb/s.
    Try spraying some GT85 into the switch unit and working it on and off, if nothing happens after a while check the power at the switch.

• Advertisement

CJhaughey wrote: »

Further investigation reveals this pipe was part of the original exhaust system feeding back pressure from exhaust to the air box!

Advertisement