Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transporting mobile homes

Options
  • 31-05-2018 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭

I have been looking at mobile home to put on a site while building. The problem seems to be no-one will move mobile homes. Firms that sell only move their own. I could buy one and get it put on site, but at the end I will have no way of getting it removed again.

I did get a whisper about one firm that will do buy back, but i have not got anything definite from them yet. Another firm in Kildare says they will move mobile homes but no answer from their phones. They don't have great reviews.

I might consider a large tow-able caravan but it isn't an ideal solution.

Does anyone have any suggestions of ways to get mobiles moved?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Local plant and farming contractor moved our friends one with the disclaimer that they were not responsible for any damage as a result of moving it. They mig welded girders to the chassis before moving it and lifted rather than rolled it into the flatbed. They said they can split in half when moved so you can understand the reticence to move them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Try these guys, pretty sure it's all they do, see them out and about regularly.

https://www.goldenpages.ie/richard-sargent-sons-gorey/

(if it's this side of the country that is, you didn't say)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

would your budget stretch to a yankee RV
    I see them advertised a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Thanks for the replies. Yes I appreciate its down to insurance and possible damage to mobile homes.

The query was about a particular mobile home which probably would not have worked anyway, but I have since concluded that the best solution is to buy an inexpensive one and if I can't sell it when I have finished with it then I will let the supplier just take it back, which he is prepared to do. They will just not move one that they don't own, which is understandable. Its for using while house is being built, so it will work out like paying (not a lot of) rent.

Advertisement