Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good/bad/ok wheel alignment report

Options
  • 31-05-2018 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi,

Could someone review the attached pic of a wheel alignment report and advise if it is good/bad/normal or what ever?

I'm thinking of buying this car and have read that sme 2014 leafs have issues with the wheel alignment so I asked the dealer for one. He said its good but thought it best to get a second oponion.

Thanks,

WM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Pops_20

You need to take the "Data" column, and subtract and the add the tolerance values either side of that number. Then compare the Final Values to the range.

At a quick glance it all looks good, apart from the rear toe which looks to be a nice bit out.

Spec is 0.24 degrees +/- 0.18 degrees = 0.42 degrees. Your rear toe is at 0.61 degrees.

I wouldn't have thought there was any toe adjustment on the rear of the Nissan Leaf, but could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

The Leaf has a rear torsion beam suspension, so is not adjustable. This is starting to become a problem now earlier models are coming up for the NCT, and failing on alignment.

The solution seems to be getting a shim kit from Nissan to correct the rear toe, though the dealers in Ireland are still largely unaware of this. Either that or replacing the whole rear axle! There's a few discussions on this in the "Electric Vehicles & Hybrids" forum here.

Advertisement